Tuesday 17 May 2011

Slutwalk

I love it when friends can articulate stuff yr too scrambled/burried with worked to arrive at yourself. Inbox chitchat winz via this neat and thoughtful comment on Slutwalk, from my bredrin Pablo K, of The Disorder Of Things.

"I like the boldness of the message. I like the way it reclaims a word. I like the activism that is going alongside it and think the message is right, i.e. 'no one is a slut, and no one deserves to be raped'. My problem is this: if some people are made uncomfortable by it, and if those people are rape survivors, then some caution is in order. Is this a case of women standing up for each other in general and ignoring the experiences of those who have actually been through rape? Or is it something survivors can support in general? I don't really know the answers to those questions :) But those would be my questions for friends and comrades who find it empowering"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/slutwalkuk

No comments:

Post a Comment